“Paws The Pavement” Competition
Get walking with your dog and win a free holiday away (worth $1,250)! May’s theme is Pet Obesity and to tackle this problem we are kicking off the first “Paws The Pavement” competition, running from the 1 May – 12 June 2021! It’s simple, fun and a great way to get exercise with your dog.
Prizes will be awarded 12 June.
Why Do It?
Walking your dog provides an excellent foundation for good physical and mental health, both for you and your furry friend. Getting outside and walking your dog helps burn calories, improve cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones and joints, decrease stress and improve the bond with your pet.
Studies show that people who have a training partner are more likely to stay motivated and fit – and that is especially true if your training partner is a dog.
Pull out the leash and the tail is wagging – how can you say no?
Who Can Participate?
- All ages
- Clients, non-clients
- Dog owners, non-dog owners, cat owners
Prizes for our winners and the qualifying participants can be picked up from Highlands Veterinary Hospital. The following prizes are offered for total kms walked in the competition running period (1 May – 12 June):
- Each individual who turns in their total kms walked will be entered into a drawing for one of 5 FREE consultations at our clinic (worth $85 each).
- 15 kms – Whimzees Canine Dental Treat
- 30 kms – Poop Bags
- 50 kms – Your Drolly Duck Tenders Dog Treats
- 75 kms – 1kg Bag of Complete Mix (Adult/Senior) All Natural Supplement
- Overall winner (most kms walked): a free holiday away (worth $1,250)
Prizes will be awarded 12 June!
Cats are invited, too!
We are also having a special Cat category, whereby you can enter the most creative way of exercising your cat (i.e. putting their food bowl up high so they have to jump for it, making food-oriented cats search for their food or favourite toy, etc.)
Prize for best photo or video showing this put into practice with your cat: Cat Cave + cat toy, plus Cat/Kitten Complete Mix supplement.
Just send your photo or video to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracking Your Distance
- Walkers can use any route, any time of day, as long as they are also walking with a dog.
- Walk your dog, a friend’s dog or even with your family group walking a dog.
- Participate on our Facebook page – share your tips and photos for great local routes and memories.
Engage on Social Media
- Email your walking photo or video to email@example.com for use on our Facebook, Instagram and website to help encourage others to keep going! We also welcome “before” and “after” pics for people/pets who have lost weight as a result of their exercise efforts.
- Use the hashtags #pawsthepavement #familypethealth #highlandsveterinaryhospital on your social media posts.
- We will be offering a prize midway through the challenge for the best photo/post of you and your dog out walking.
- We will also be offering a prize for the most kms walked for one random week during the Paws The Pavement Challenge. We’re not going to tell you which week, though – so keep up the walking!
Submit your distance
Please be sure to use the same name and email address each time you submit your miles to ensure your numbers are correctly calculated!