“Paws The Pavement” Competition
Walk your way to good health! To tackle the issue of pet obesity, we are kicking off our second annual “Paws The Pavement” Challenge, running from 1 May to 12 June 2022. Get your pet fit (and maybe yourself, too) while winning some fantastic prizes!
And to give you more motivation, this year, we will be donating $1 for every 1km walked to Dimmocks Retreat Wildlife – a wildlife critical care facility located in Bundanoon, NSW.
You must register to participate!
Prizes will be awarded 13 June.
Why Do It?
Walking your dog provides an excellent foundation for good physical and mental health, both for you and your furry friend. Getting outside and walking your dog helps burn calories, improve cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones and joints, decrease stress and improve the bond with your pet.
Studies show that people who have a training partner are more likely to stay motivated and fit – and that is especially true if your training partner is a dog.
Pull out the leash and the tail is wagging – how can you say no?
Who Can Participate?
- All ages
- Clients, non-clients
- Dog owners, non-dog owners, cat owners
Prizes for Your Efforts
Prizes for our winners and the qualifying participants can be picked up from Highlands Veterinary Hospital. The following prizes are offered for total kms walked in the competition running period (1 May – 12 June):
- Each individual who turns in their total kms walked will be entered into a drawing for one of 3 FREE consultations at our clinic (worth $85 each).
- Best photo/video – Starmark Bob-A-Lot Dog Treat Dispensing Toy
- 15 kms – Whimzees Canine Dental Treat
- 30 kms – Poop Bags
- 50 kms – Snuggle Safe Microwaveable heat pad
- 75 kms – 1kg Bag of Complete Mix (Adult/Senior)
- Overall winner – Top distance walked will be awarded a 1 year supply of Nexgard Spectra parasite control for your dog!
Prizes will be awarded on 13 June.
Prizes for Photos/Videos and Our Fortnightly Challenges
We would love for you to share a photo or video of you walking your dog to our Paws The Pavement event page on Facebook to help encourage others to keep going! We also welcome “before” and “after” pics for people/pets who have lost weight as a result of their exercise efforts. The best photo/video will earn a Starmark Bob-A-Lot Dog Treat Dispensing Toy!
This year, we will be doing fortnightly “challenges” on social media. Just post a photo of you and your dog doing that challenge (don’t forget to add #pawsthepavementchallenge) to our Paws The Pavement event page on Facebook, and you’ll win a free prize from one of our local sponsoring businesses:
- Challenge 1: OMG Decadent Donuts – a 3-pack of delicious donuts
- Challenge 2: Wingello Village Store – a free meal voucher
- Challenge 3: Siva Hair & Beauty – go into the draw to win a $100 gift voucher
Tracking Your Distance
- Walkers can use any route, any time of day, as long as they are also walking with a dog.
- Walk your dog, a friend’s dog, or even with your family group walking a dog.
- Participate on our Paws The Pavement event page on Facebook – share your tips and photos for great local routes and memories.
How to Enter
To enter the “Paws The Pavement” Challenge, just click on the Register button and fill out the registration form. You can log your distance walked on the website. Start walking and have a great time getting fit with your pet!
We would like to thank our lovely local sponsors for generously donating prizes to our “Paws The Pavement” Challenge this year:
- OMG Decadent Donuts
- Wingello General Store
- Siva Hair & Beauty
Submit your distance
Please be sure to use the same name and email address each time you submit your miles to ensure your numbers are correctly calculated!