Official Rules for Paws The Pavement Challenge 2021
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the https://highlandsveterinaryhospital.com.au/paws-the-pavement/ website and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of New South Wales and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting 1 May 2021 at 12:00am and ending on 12 June 2021 at 12:00am. All online entries (registration, distance walked, photos) must be received by 12 June 2021 at 12:00am.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://highlandsveterinaryhospital.com.au/paws-the-pavement/. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd). You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd).
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive the following, based on the distance walked within the timeframe of the Campaign:
• Each individual who turns in their total kms walked will be entered into a drawing for one of 5 FREE consultations at the clinic (worth $85 each)
• 15 kms – Whimzees Canine Dental Treat (worth $5 each)
• 30 kms – Poop Bags (worth $10 each)
• 50 kms – Your Drolly Duck Tenders Dog Treats (worth $40 each)
• 75 kms – 1kg Bag of Complete Mix (Adult/Senior) All Natural Supplement (worth $64 each)
• Overall winner (most kms walked): a free holiday away (worth $1,250)
The prize for best photo or video in the Cat Category are as follows:
• Cat Cave (worth $30 each)
• Cat toy (worth $10 each)
• Cat/Kitten Complete Mix supplement (worth $17 each)
Week – Distance Walked prize:
• 1 years supply of Bravecto (spot-on): $250
• 1 years supply of worming tablets: $50
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd). No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd)’s discretion. The prize is non-transferrable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner(s). No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by the Winner(s) is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) to use the Winner(s) name, likeness and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The Winners will be selected according the distance walked during the period of the Campaign. In the case of the photo/video contests, winners will be decided by a group vote of the staff of Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd). Winners will be notified by phone, email or Messenger within five (5) days following selection of the Winners. Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for the Winner(s) provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
If Winner(s) cannot be contacted, are ineligible, fail to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner(s) of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Prizes must be collected by the Winner(s) at the premises of Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd). Winners will be announced via Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd)’s Facebook page, Instagram page, website, electronic newsletter, mobile app and in-clinic promotional screen.
IF HIGHLANDS VETERINARY HOSPITAL (PETSHOP.COM.AU LTD PTY) IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, DEEMS ANY WINNER(S) TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, IT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY THE WINNER(S) AS WINNER(S) OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER(S) WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd), anyone acting on behalf of Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd), and Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd)‘s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd).
If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd)’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) may select the Winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd).
Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign, the website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: This Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF AUSTRALIA AND NEW SOUTH WALES, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New South Wales having jurisdiction.
Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner(s) name or a copy of these Official Rules, Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) at email@example.com
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd), 66 Old Hume Hwy, Braemar NSW 2575, Australia
15. The Campaign hosted by Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any social media platform.
Terms & Condition for Complimentary Vacation Voucher Prize:
The voucher entitles you to complimentary hotel or resort accommodation in any one of a number of Australian destinations, or when international flights resume: Bali, Phuket, Koh Samui, Fiji or Vanuatu.
The user is required to pay the nightly fees and taxes per room for that destination, which are $29.95/night. The fees and taxes are a hospitality industry standard and entail, but are not limited to, federal services tax based on the full rack rate of the accommodation, local tourism and bed taxes, travel agency fees, local or municipal taxes, etc.
Travel can be completed within 18 months after activation. Travel to and from your chosen hotel or resort is not included.
If you have more than one vacation incentive, the others cannot be used back-to-back in the same or different destinations.
There must be at least 1 year gap between each vacation booked through RedeemVacations.com by any person or family.
The destinations may alter from time to time, due to hotel ownership or management changes – or any of numerous other reasons.
GROUP travel is NOT allowed – only one incentive per household and resort/hotel is allowed.
Reedeemvacations.com will only honour one incentive per family and friends per 12 months – travelling on the same arrival and departure dates.
Only 1 party can use the complimentary vacation incentive for the same travel dates.
This digital incentive will be considered void if bartered or purchased by the recipient.
The incentive is valid for a reservation request offering Luxurious Resort/Hotel Accommodations in your choice of destinations provided by RedeemVacations.com.
At least one occupant of the room must be at least 21 years of age.
Your cost to redeem this incentive and book the reservation is essentially Redeem Vacation’s recovery fees for payment to reservation, engines, travel agency fees, housekeeping fees and other incidental expenses.
The main reservation holder must also have a Major Credit or a Bank Debit Card with a Visa or Mastercard logo, plus a valid government-issued ID to check-in.
The recipient of this incentive will receive luxury hotel accommodation room rate free of charge, which retail is valued at up to AUD $350 per night. However, the recipient is responsible for all other expenses, including but not limited to: airfare, transfers, food and beverages, gratuities, resort fees if applicable and any other personal or miscellaneous expenses.
If applicable, the resort fees will be disclosed when choosing a hotel and preferred travel dates. (Resort fees cover items like WiFi Internet Access, Local Calls, & Resort amenities.)
All reservations require a minimum of 30 days advance notice to book. Reservations are based on availability.
Once travel dates are confirmed, no changes will be allowed. Cancellations after dates are confirmed will result in forfeiture of the activation fees.
The user must reside at least 100 miles or 160 kilometres away from the destination resort of choice.
This incentive has no cash surrender value, void if discontinued and where prohibited by law. The terms of this offer are subject to change without notice.
RedeemVacations.com reserves the right to offer other hotels with equal or similar value with incentive holder approval if required due to availability.
Do not rely upon representations other than what is noted here.
Booking & Service fees apply with this accommodation offer — AUD $33 per night.
The user of the Vacation Accommodation Voucher agrees that they have decided to experience this holiday of their own volition.
The user’s or users’ enjoyment, safety and satisfaction is entirely their responsibility.
Users are responsible and accountable for their decisions and actions and by the hotel reservation, users agree not to attempt to hold The Institute Of Wow or Highlands Veterinary Hospital (Petshop.com.au Pty Ltd) liable for their decisions, actions or satisfaction levels, at any time, under any circumstance.
Redeem Vacations and its Travel Incentive Partner reserves the right to change, modify or amend any of these terms and conditions without prior notice.
The business providing the Vacation Accommodation Vouchers has a 18 month validity period of their vouchers, from the date the vouchers were issued by Redeem Vacation’s Travel Incentive Partner.
Due to the increased demand for hotel rooms as the world comes out of the COVID 19 restrictions, an additional “3 Night Holiday” can be used (which the holder of the voucher can use next year).
This effectively means that the holder of the voucher is now entitled to 6 nights hotel accommodation rather than 4 nights.
The holder of the voucher will receive an extra “4 days/3 nights” Vacation Accommodation voucher immediately upon “activating” the current voucher (the second voucher will be emailed to the user immediately).
We hope that you can understand the need to adjust your holiday to 4 Days/3 Nights – because as the world comes out of the COVID restrictions, traveling and taking holidays has become very popular.
Hotels are going through a “boom-period” and therefore many simply do not have 4 consecutive nights of rooms available. So, a second complimentary 3 nights holiday means the holder of the voucher can enjoy 6 nights complimentary accommodation total instead of 4.
The holder of the voucher is entitled to take the 2nd holiday within a year after the first one or can give it to someone else as a gift.